Monday, June 10, 2013

Sports vs. School

            Pros:
            I think sports are so much fun. There are so many different sports and teams to choose from.  Unlike with schooling, in sports if you don’t make a certain team there are many other teams you can try out for. But, with academics if you fail an entry test you don’t have a chance to get into that field until the next year or maybe even longer than that. If you’re really good at sports then you’re able to get different types of scholarships. If you’re smart and athletic then you have a chance to get a scholarship to college for academics and sports. In the long run if you’re very active and participate in many sports you will have a higher chance of being in shape when you’re older. I think sports are fun and a great way to stay in shape and a great way to be healthy.
            Cons:
            In different ways academics are more important than sports are. It’s obvious that the smarter you are the better college you will either get accepted to or get into. Then after college academics help to get better paying jobs. If you take schooling seriously the better your grades will be and the easier college will be. Education plays a big role in order to get into a high ranked college and to be ranked higher in society. If you have a great education you will be able to get an office job and will not have to do physical labor. If you have a higher education there is a higher chance you will get your dream job. Being both smart and athletic will look very good on resumes and you will have a better chance at getting the job you’re applying for.  I focus on my academics more than I focus on my sports and physical fitness. But I believe both are very important to live a successful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment