Sunday, June 9, 2013

Presents vs. Money



                Pros
                I love getting presents for my birthday or for Christmas. I like not having to go out and go shopping for my own stuff. I hate shopping and this saves me from having to go shopping. I love opening the presents and having it be a surprise. If I just got money I wouldn’t have any surprises and I love having and getting and giving surprises. It’s great. I feel like getting a present is more from the heart and it shows they gave an effort to find something for you. Also it shows whether someone knows something about you or whether they don’t. And if they don’t you can always return the present they got you and just say thank you and smile in the moment. I love to see the creative ways that people give presents and what cool wrapping paper they use for your present.
                Cons
                I hate getting presents that I don’t like and having to go and return them or basically sometimes not getting any present at all because you can return it. I would rather get money and go buy something I know I can use and or like. I know that I like it. When people ask me what I want for my birthday or Christmas it is always easier to say money than going through a list of objects. Also if I wanted something expensive no one would be willing to buy that for me so if I ask for money I can put all the money together and get that myself and that way I get what I want. I would rather go and buy clothe that I know fit me than going back and having to try it on anyway. It saves time for not only me but the person who gave me that money. 
                                                                               -Rachel Kibler

No comments:

Post a Comment