Thursday, June 6, 2013

Black vs. White

            Pros
            Black is good for when you want to sleep. It’s harder to sleep in white or light conditions. You sleep better in dark or black places. That’s why we all should sleep at night and not during the day. That’s why a nap is only hours when you sleep at night it’s normally longer. Black is also a very good color to express your emotion. You wear black if you’re sad or depressed and you prefer using black over color. There are so many things that are black. The computer I’m using right now is black, coffee is black, and writing in books is black. We use things that are black every day. Black is a great descriptive word, the black night, black cat, black water, black shade…etc. Black and dark are the same. The shade dark is used by adding black. Black is in everything. White is just the absence of black. No one burns when it’s dark or “black” outside and no one hurts their eyes squinting. When its black outside you can use light up things and have a lot of fun.
            Cons
            Black is a very depressing color. It’s just so boring. White is everywhere. Everything is made from white. Most things start out white, paintings, paper and colors. Colors are just pigments added to white. White is part of everything. You use white things every day, paper, frosting, polar bears, shirts. When you make tie dye, what do you start with? A white t-shirt. It’s what everything starts from. I like what you can do with white. You can color it or paint it or dip it. White is having more options. White is cheery and uplifting. White is the color you see a bride in at a wedding and she is always happy. White is pure, like angels. White is like light, it lights up rooms and brings happiness and enlightens people. Who wants to sit in a dark room? I certainly don’t. I want as much light as possible. Right now if I counted all the white things I see it would be impossible. There are so many shades and tints of white everywhere you look.
                                                                                            - Rachel Kibler

No comments:

Post a Comment